I went
on my first diet around five years ago. Over the past four and a half years my
weight went up and down as I tried every diet and exercise program under the
sun. Nothing seemed to work for me. Until six months ago I enrolled in a weight
workshop which taught me that I need to change the way I look at food. It was
then that I realized that I had made many mistakes in my quest to lose weight.
Here are some mistakes that are common made:
Skip breakfast. Most people trying to lose weight believe simply eating less and skipping meals helps shed that fat. And breakfast is a real easy meal to skip. This is one of the biggest mistakes you can make when on a weight loss diet. If you leave the house in the morning on an empty stomach you’re much more tempted to eat more at morning tea and lunch times. And, calories you eat at breakfast time are easily burnt throughout the day.
Eating one day and not the next, literally eating about 2000+ calories one day, feeling guilty, and end up eating about 700 calories the following day. If you “starve” yourself throughout the day you’re much more likely to eat more in the evenings, which is not going to help you lose weight. You should consume most of your calories in the morning.
Buying diet food. When I went shopping I always looked for the foods marked diet, low-fat, healthy etc. This is a good practice to get into, but I was buying these foods for the wrong reason. I bought these foods because in my mind it meant I could eat more. I would totally disregard portion size. If you eat diet foods in large portions you’re not doing yourself any favors.
Setting goals that are not realistic. You need to set smaller, more reachable goals that you can regularly meet to keep your motivation high. Set yourself weekly, monthly and three monthly goals. Once you meet one short term goal set a new one for next week.
So there you have it, those are the common mistakes a lot of
people make. I hope you will now look at weight loss from a totally different perspective
and it will pay off.
If you are serious about making a successful website and adding quality text / content to your website, I can help you write. To order for great content and articles, contact: giftedjay2014@gmail.com
If you are serious about making a successful website and adding quality text / content to your website, I can help you write. To order for great content and articles, contact: giftedjay2014@gmail.com

No comments:
Post a Comment